Help improve Amphitheatre documentation.
We are glad to see you're interested in contributing to the Amphitheatre documentation. If this is the first Open Source project you've contributed to, we strongly suggest reading GitHub's excellent guide: How to Contribute to Open Source.
Finding Documentation Issues to Work On
You can find a list of open documentation-related issues here. When you find something you would like to work on:
- Express your interest to start working on an issue via comments.
- One of the maintainers will assign the issue for you.
- You can start working on the issue. When you're done, simply submit a pull request.
Requirements for Documentation Pull Requests
When you create a new pull request, we expect some requirements to be met.
- Follow this naming convention for Pull Requests:
- When adding new documentation, add
New Documentation:before the title. E.g.
New Documentation: Getting Started
- When fixing documentation, add
Fix Documentation:before the title. E.g.
Fix Documentation: Getting Started
- When updating documentation, add
Update Documentation:before the title. E.g.
Update Documentation: Getting Started
- If your Pull Request closes an issue, you must write
Closes #ISSUE_NUMBERwhere the ISSUE_NUMBER is the number in the end of the link url or the relevent issue. This will link your pull request to the issue, and when it is merged, the issue will close.
- For each pull request made, we run tests to check if there are any broken links, the markdown formatting is valid, and the linter is passing.
Testing Documentation Site Locally
Run a local instance of zola for developing the Amphitheatre Documentation.
local build and serve of zola with auto update enabled, then go to http://127.0.0.1:1111